Not for the faint hearted, this cheeseboard is epic, much like the classics of Homer. The heroes?
Five Australian cheeses :
- traditional chevre from SA's Towerview and Oskjberg dairies, prepared by Woodside cheesemongers. Creamy with citrus notes and liminal 'goat' aftertaste.
- from the 'legend of blue' Barry Charlton, his award winning blue named after the river that winds throughout the dairy's pastures, Tarwin Blue.
- Melbourne's darling, Meredith goat's cheese, marinaded in garlic & herb infused organic olive oil
- Woombye triple creme brie, rolled in ash throughout maturation creating a smokey flavour and hint of mushroom
- l'Artisan Fermier, a smear ripened cheese in tribute to medieval French Morbier practices, made with organic jersey milk from a singular Great Ocean Road herd.
Accompanying the cheeses : durum wheat lavosh, stone milled in South Australia, local pickles, quince preserve, fresh baked sourdough and a jar of our house smoked cashew butter.
To drink : two bottles of sparkling pet-nat Monceau kombucha alongside a small batch, signature Sibling negroni (serves 2 / four standard drinks).